The former world No.1, Andy Murray, who is currently participating in a week-long charity tournament- Battle of Brits- at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton, is confident of playing at the highest level again after a seven-month shut down due to hip problems.
The charity tournament, organised by his brother Jamie and being played behind closed doors with strict health measures in place, is Murray’s first competitive tournament since the Davis Cup Finals in November last year.
The two time Wimbledon champion Murray got better off 211 ranked Liam Broady on Tuesday but lost 6-7(2) 7-6(5) 10-5 to Kyle Edmund on Wednesday June 24. The match against Edmund was seen as test of Murray’s test of fitness, especially the hip injury.
“To be honest, I am not bothered about the results of the match, after a match like that I hope my hip is OK, and I pull up well from it,” said Murray after playing only his second match.
Andy Murray looks to compete at Grand Slams
Three-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray said he is looking forward to competing at the U.S. Open and French Open later this year.
“I know if my hip is good, my tennis will only improve and get better over the next few months. If I can get consistent practice,” he said.
“The hip feels good. If I play like that and do a few things better, sharpen up a couple of things, I will play high level tennis.
“That was good, positive. Then it’s pulling up the next day, see how you feel, not getting in a situation where you have to take two to three weeks off to recover basically” Andy Murray said.