If you are a skateboard lover, you must have a passion for collecting replicas – fingerboards on your shelf. People try and recreate skateboarding tricks by using the middle and index fingers. The moment these replicas launched in 1985 & the 1990s, they attracted thousands of people and became the most purchased toy worldwide. They are not just miniatures of your favorite skateboard but have become a new sport altogether.
Thousands of people participate in fingerboard matches every year, which connect fingerboard lovers across the country. A fingerboard has all the standard features that any regular skateboard has. They are 3.9 inches long & 1 – 1.3 inches wide and have a 1:8 scale ratio. In addition, fingerboards have paper, wooden or plastic decks, bushings, and interchangeable trucks and wheels. But if you are beginners searching for tricks and customized fingerboard online, keep reading further.
Major Fingerboard Tricks For Beginners
Even if you are a beginner or professional fingerboard rider, learning new tricks can always benefit you. Below we have shared some tricks that can flourish your finger barding skills.
It’s the very first trick you will ever learn after purchasing your fingerboard. You can perform this trick on custom fingerboard ramps by spinning your fingerboard 180 degrees under your fingers.
- First of all, take a standard finger position & place your index finger in the center of your fingerboard.
- Next, make sure your finger is behind bolts and put your middle finger on the tail.
- Now push your fingerboard with your middle finger down towards you.
- To complete your spin, lift your index finger and allow the board to complete the trick.
- Then, place your fingers back on the board after completing the spin.
After learning to spin and shove it tick, learning ollie will also be very easy. It is known to be the most fundamental trick you can ever perform on your fingerboard. Ollie’s trick is used to jump off objects or obstacles, which is an integral part of any trick. Just pop your custom fingerboard into the air with fingers tricked to board.
- Take a standard finger position and push the board backward to collect forces.
- Then, pop the tail to the ground by pushing your fingerboard downwards with your middle finger.
- While sliding your index finger to your nose level, which will level your board and bring it back to the ground.
- This trick will get your board into the air and give it a flying effect.
Customize Your Skateboards
Although designed fingerboards are available, you can customize its part according to your preference. Below we have shared two unique ways to customize fingerboards at their best.
The first thing that attracts everyone is a customized fingerboard with your name, text, or picture. All you have to do is –
Choose any text from google or write it by yourself on tape, cut out the borders of text, and paste it on deck for a fresh look.
Although each fingerboard comes in a standard size, you can change its width to customize your fingerboard. For example, you can choose a preferable width between 32 to 34 mm or completely reshape the desk using any heat-full source.
- Remove the grip tape and slightly heat the plastic of the deck
- Bend the deck using fingers or any tool and shape accordingly
- And make higher kicks or curves
Hopefully, this article was informative enough to guide you on basic but major ways to do finger boarding and unique ways to customize them. Before investing in any new fingerboard, refer to our guide given above for detailed guidance.