By now, the vaccination campaigns drive are going at the utmost speed. In the meantime, you should take proper care and precautions to protect yourself and others while traveling.
Although, if you’re fully vaccinated, there is less chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. However, if you are planning for international travel, then you should to bit more careful as new COVID-19 variants are emerging day by day.
So here are some tips on how to stay safe while traveling :
● Maintain a 6-feet ( 2 meters ) distance.
● If someone is sick, avoid contacting them for few days.
● Try to limit yourself from contacting or touching the surface, such as elevator buttons, handrails, etc. If you touch these surfaces, wash your hands immediately or use hand sanitizer.
● Wear a 3-layered face mask when your traveling. This reduces the high risk of COVID-19 transmission.
● Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose frequently.
● Cover your mouth while coughing and sneezing.
● Wash your hands frequently while eating, sneezing, coughing, etc.
● Use a hand sanitizer that contains 60% alcohol, if soap and water aren’t available.
● While traveling on public transport, try to avoid eating or drinking.
Although, viruses don’t spread easily on flights as the air keeps circulating and is filtered out. However, if the flight has a huge crowd, then maintaining a social distance becomes a bit difficult. Also, the security checkups take a lot of time and bring you in close contact with many people.
Some of the precaution measures that you should take are :
● Wear a mask during screening.
● Instead of giving a boarding pass to the officer, directly place the boarding pass on an electronic scanner and hold them for inspection.
● Keep one container of hand sanitizer in your carry bag.
● Food items should be wrapped in plastic sheets while traveling.
● Wash your hands before and after the screening is done.
Hotel and other lodging
The hotel industry knows how much travelers are concerned about their safety during Covid times. You can check the hotel details and safety precautions at the BYO India site. There is a lot of information on how hotels are protecting their guests and staff and taking all the precautionary measures. Some of the best practices include –
● Improved cleaning and sanitization procedures.
● Proper social distancing measures.
● Masking of guests and staff members of the hotel.
● Contactless payments are prompted.
● If any guest becomes ill, property sanitization and isolation rooms are prepared.
For instant booking, check out suitable hotels at your budget on the BYO India site. Once you arrive at the hotel, the staff members will disinfect high-touch surfaces, light switches, doorknobs, faucets, desks, etc, before you start using them.
Remember safety comes first
Most planned vacations can be set aside when illness strikes. Prefer to stay at home if one of your companions or you :
● Are sick, even if you don’t have COVID-19 symptoms.
● Waiting for COVID-19 testing result.
● Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 a few days back and feeling fatigued.
● Have come in contact with a COVID-19 patient in past 14 days.
Traveling protocols keep changing based on the COVID-19 situation. So, if possible, take proper precautions and prevention measures while traveling if you are still not vaccinated. This protects you as well as your loved ones from contacting COVID-19. Stay safe, stay healthy.